Laguna side of Calax set to open by Oct 30

The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) said the Laguna side of the Cavity Laguna Expressway is set to open by October 30. 

“The project is 90 percent completed. The remaining 10 percent  are portions of the expressway that need to be harmonized, we are fast tracking those portions,” Public Works Secretary Mark Villar told reporters. 

The first segment starts at the Mamplasan Barrier and passes through Laguna Technopark Interchange, Laguna Boulevard Interchange all the way to Santa Rosa-Tagaytay Interchange.

“We will ensure that CALAX will be passable and ready to serve motorists this October 30, in time for Undas.  We will open the entry and exit points at Mamplasan, Binan Laguna and Sta-Rosa Tagaytay Road,” he added. 

Villa said about  10,000 cars are expected to enter and exit through these 2 access points and will cut the travel time to about 10 minutes from 45 minutes. 

The construction of the Cavite side is expected to be completed by 2022.

MPCALA tapped Leighton Holdings of Australia to build the Cavite side and local contractor DMCI Consunji Inc. to construct the Laguna segment.

The Cavite segment comprises 27 kilometers of the 45-kilometer Cavite-Laguna Expressway.

The Cavite segment starts from Kawit, Cavite and traverses the Imus Open Canal, Governor’s Drive, Dasmariñas, Aguinaldo Highway and Silang which will connect to the Laguna segment from Sta. Rosa exiting to Mamplasan towards South Luzon Expressway.

CALAX will feature an automatic license plate recognition system enabling barrier-less entry. IP-based speed detection cameras will be strategically installed together with HD CCTV coverage for the entire stretch of the expressway to ensure the safety of the motorists.  

There will be gasoline stations, retail outlets, convenience stores, restaurants, along with security, and maintenance centers to address the needs of motorists, according to the operator.

30

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s