State-run Philippine Ports Authority (PPA) has completed 14 port projects amid the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic.
The completed projects that are now officially open are the following:
– Port of Borac in Coron, Palawan
– Port of Cawit in Boac, Marinduque
– Port of Estancia in Iloilo
– Port of Iligan in Iligan City, Lanao Del Norte
– Port of Jagna in Bohol
– Port of Mansalay in Oriental Mindoro
– Port of Ozamiz in Misamis Occidental
– Port of San Fernando in El Nido, Palawan
– Port of Tagbilaran in Bohol
– Port of Malalag in Davao Del Sur
– Port of Currimao in Ilocos Sur
– Port of Masao in Agusan del Norte
– Two separate projects for Iloilo Commercial Port Complex
These port projects are expected to bolster the operational capability of the current ports, specifically in inter-island travel and movement of essential goods across regions.
“We are eyeing to finish 22 more by the end of the year,” Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade said.