Trans-Asia Shipping Lines, Inc. and Starlite Ferries, Inc. have partnered with the Cebu City government to offer free free ‘Balik Cebu’ trips to Cebu City residents from August 1 to 30, 2020.
All Cebuanos who were stranded outside Cebu City can now easily avail a free ride back home, covering the following routes:
- • Cagayan de Oro to Cebu City
- • Ozamiz to Cebu City
- • Iligan to Cebu City
- • Iloilo to Cebu City
- • Surigao to Cebu City
Travel requirements for those Locally Stranded Individuals are as follows:
- • Valid ID with Cebu City address
- • Medical Certificate
- • Travel Authority
While online booking of tickets is temporarily unavailable, LSIs can get their tickets at any Trans-Asia and Starlite ticketing outlets below:
- • CEBU – Trans-Asia Bldg. MJ Cuenco Ave., cor. Osmeña Blvd. Cebu City (across Plaza Independencia)
- • CAGAYAN DE ORO – Port Area, Brgy. Macabalan, Cagayan de Oro City
- • ILIGAN – Pilar Bldg., Aguinaldo cor., Labao St., Poblacion, Iligan City
- • ILOILO – Iloilo PPA Bldg., Port San Pedro, Iloilo City
- • OZAMIZ – Salvaria Bldg., Port Road, Ozamiz City
- • SURIGAO – Starlite Office, Surigao Base Port, Surigao City
“We thank the Cebu City Government for this partnership. It’s indeed a privileged to be of service to the community where we operate. We look forward to joining hands with other institutions who have a big heart to address the need of LSIs and OFWs to travel and be reunited with their families,” Chryss Alfonsus V. Damuy, Chelsea Logistics president & chief executive said.
Trans-Asia General Manager Pinky U. Sy and Starlite Ferries General Manager Shane G. Arante share the same sentiments that their crew members onboard follow high standards of hygiene and care to keep passengers safe, secured, and comfortable.
Now that Cebu City has been declared under GCQ on August 1, Trans-Asia and Starlite are ready to sail again and take valued passengers to their desired destinations.